Elaine Stock is hosting me today, so please hop over to her blog
The direct link is: http://bit.ly/1wiMnL7
to find out what I have to share with you about writing.
So, despite the rain today I am having a party, “meeting” new folks over there.
There is a book giveaway on the site for those of you who want more of my work.
Posted in Book Reviews, Children, creativity, Food, Joan Leotta, Performing, Writing, writing tips
Tagged blog, elaine stock, guest, history, hop, romance, Writing
This was an exciting week for words, My iphone screen got milk on it which messed up everything until someone reminded me to leave it 24 hours in a bag of rice so for the cost of one box of Uncle Ben’s it now works again. Thanks, Amanda at ATMC!
For writers I would like to post a guest contribution today from Janie Sullivan who has a marvelous school for writing in Arizona. I may not be able to get to her classes from here in North Carolina and you might not either, I’m sharing with you, (with her permission) some of her more helpful advice
I have recently had several questions about blogging. When one person said she did not see why she needed a blog, it took me a few minutes to be able to form an answer that made sense. It got me thinking, why DO we blog? I came up with the following reasons:
- As a writer, blogging is an excellent way of establishing oneself as an expert. The more I blog about writing, the more people will think I know about writing.
- Connecting in in our virtual world is much easier through blogging. Since I started this blog three years ago, I have connected with writers all over the world. Something that would not have happened without the blog.
- Helping other writers by blogging about my experiences as a writer also not only connects me to like-minded people, but it also gives me a sense of satisfaction about making a difference.
- Learning something new. Sometimes I am at a loss for a topic to write about so I do some research on it, learn about it, then blog about it.
- And yes, blogging is a great way to promote yourself, your products (whatever they may be) and your services.
If you blog, why do you blog? If you don’t blog, would you like to?
Speaking of promoting your services, I have a workshop coming up: Build a Blog, on April 20. It is a hands-on, live, face-to-face workshop where I will be teaching participants how to build a blog in WordPress. Bring your laptop and come out of the three-hour workshop with a personalized blog all your own–If I lived near her I would! Contact Janie at:
Janie Sullivan Director, Center for Writing Excellence
Posted in Joan Leotta, children, performing, writing, food, recipes, creativity,
Tagged blogs, center for excellence, classes, guest, janie sullivan, why we do things.build a blog, Writing